Find a u-pick farm in your area. Now, we admit this is a little work, but blackberry and blueberry picking at berry farms can be a lot of fun. Find a u-pick farm nearest you at http://www.pickyourown.org/OK.htm
39232 231st Street South, Porter
Pick your own peaches, apples, and pumpkins out on the farm! Peaches are available beginning in late June through Mid-August (depending on the harvest) and apples start in late August and go through early October. Pick your own is not open every day so please call for availability.
211th Between Harvard & Lewis, Liberty-Mounds
With juicy blueberries available from mid to late June and blackberries from late June to early July, you’ll be able to make a unique blueberry pie or blackberry cobbler from the stash of nearly a dozen varieties you collect. Endicott Farms also has seasonal pecans perfect for a nutty topping.
18406 S 73rd East Ave, Bixby
Scrumptious U-pick Strawberries In May! Delicious, large Blackberries in June! “Tomatoes grown for that old-time Flavor” from mid-June through October! For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/Gibson.Gardens.
32100 E 71st St, Broken Arrow
Thunderbird Berry Farm in Broken Arrow is open from May through August offering a plethora of different types of produce ripe for the picking. Get your hands on some asparagus in April, sweet strawberries in May, plump blueberries in June and tart blackberries in July. Thunderbird Berry Farm is open Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning, but feel free to stop by any other day as long as you have an appointment first.
5312 W. 41st St, Tulsa
We have 12 varieties of blueberries and we do NOT use pesticides, only a mild fertilizer and PH balancer. We charge $4/pound for pick your own.
All proceeds go to Medical Missions with SoulTeam. Giving sight to those in need, in Central America.
11039 N 129th E Ave
Owasso, OK 74055
Phone: (918) 272-9445
Blackberry and Blueberry picking season usually begins the 1st of June and usually ends the middle of July.
Skillet Berry Cobbler Recipe
- 4 cups your choice of fresh berries (I used blackberries & raspberries)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 10 inch cast iron skillet, toss together berries, sugar, 1/2 cup flour, cornstarch and salt. Smooth berry into an even layer.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add the 1 cup flour, oats, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add the butter and mix until texture is coarse clumps and mixture will hold together in clumps when you squeeze it with your hand.
- Spread topping evenly on top of berry mixture with your hand and press it down lightly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the edges are bubbling and the top is golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!