PRAYING SCRIPTURE FOR THE LOST
The following prayers are taken from the Bible. You can pray confidently that God will hear you as you pray. Fill in the blank with the name/s of people for whom you are praying. Read the verses over and over so that you believe and can understand what you are praying.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, I ask you to draw _________________ to Jesus Christ Your Son.
“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.” John 6:44-45
- In the Name of Jesus, I ask you to make ___________________ alive. They are dead in their trespasses and sins.
“As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins.” Ephesians 2:1
- Father, I ask you to make Satan’s work ineffective in _____________ and open _____________ eyes to the truth of the gospel.
“the god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.” 2 Corinthians 4:4
- Holy Spirit, bring conviction of sin, righteousness, and judgment to __________________. Show them that they need Jesus.
“When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment.” John 16:8
- Holy Spirit, reveal to___________________________ that they are a sinner and need salvation.
“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
- Lord Jesus, You have come to seek the lost. Seek ________________ and bring him/her to Yourself.
“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”Luke 19:10
- Father, open _______________________ heart to the message of the gospel. Let them listen and respond.
“One of those listening was a woman from the city of Thyatira named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth. She was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul’s message.” Acts 16:14
- I pray that ____________________ will understand the gospel and that the seed would not be taken from their heart. (Matthew 13:5, 18)
“Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.” Matthew 13:5
“Listen then to what the parable of the sower means.” Matthew 13:18
- I pray that you would stir the heart of _________________________ and that their heart would become good soil.
“Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.” Matthew 13:8
- God, grant godly sorrow and true repentance to _________________ and cause them to hate sin.
“yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us. Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter.” 2 Corinthians 7:9-11
- God, I know that you do not desire that anyone perish. Therefore, please bring _____________________to repentance.
“The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
- Jesus, I don’t know if ______________________ is truly saved. Would you begin to show evidence through fruit bearing?
See John 15
- Lord God, give grace and faith to ________________________ so that they will trust Jesus and Him alone for salvation.
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
- Allow ______________________________ to feel the urgency to respond in faith to the gospel. Don’t let them wait.
“As God’s co-workers, we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain. For he says, ‘In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.’ I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.” 2 Corinthians 6:1-2
- Father, please send people into_______________________ life that will share the gospel with them.
“How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!’” Romans 10:14-15
- Father, I pray that ________________________ will see and receive the free gift of eternal life!
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
- Father, only you can give ________________________ a new heart and new spirit.
“I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God.” Ezekiel 11:19-20
- Lord Jesus, I ask that __________________________ would deny her/himself and take up their cross and follow You.
“Then he said to them all: ‘Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self? Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.’” Luke 9:23-26
- Father, I pray that ________________________ would see that their good works or religion can’t save them.
“All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind, our sins sweep us away.” Isaiah 64:6
- I pray that ___________________________ would believe that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead.
“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” Romans 10:9-10
See also 1 Corinthians 15
- Open a door for me to share the gospel with __________________. Open my mouth to say what I should say with freedom and boldness in my words.
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.” Colossians 4:2-4
“Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.” Ephesians 6:19
- God, I am afraid that I might offend ______________________ with a witness to him/her. I pray that this fear and all other fears would be cast out of my mind and would be replaced by love.
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” I John 4:18
- God, help me to speak the truth with ____________________ in love no matter how they respond to me.
“Do everything in love.” 1 Corinthians 16:14
“Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.” Ephesians 4:15
- I have been disobedient to your command Jesus to share my faith. Please forgive me. I don’t want to quench the Spirit.
“Do not quench the Spirit.” 1 Thessalonians 5:19
- I know that you live in me Jesus; I am a new person. Work in me to will and do what you desire.
“Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.” Philippians 2:12-1
- Lord, I am addicted to comfort and my routine. Sharing Jesus makes me uncomfortable. Change me.
“And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” Matthew 22:39
“Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.” Mark 8:34
- God help me see people like you see them. Help me feel what you feel about lost people.
“When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.” Matthew 9:36
“So, he got up and went to his father. ‘But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.” Luke 15:20