What is Operation Christmas Child?
Operation Christmas Child is a project of Samaritan’s Purse that collects shoe box gifts filled with all kinds of items like school supplies, hygiene items and toys and delivers them to children in need around the world.
Eastwood Tulsa has participated in Operation Christmas Child for years and is part of our vision of being a multi-generational, multi-ethnic church, that is a place to Believe, Belong and Be Loved. As part of its “all church” mission outreach projects, this year’s goal is 150 boxes.
How to Pack a Shoebox
Here’s all you need to do:
- Find an average size empty shoebox. If you want to wrap it, cover the box and lid separately OR pick up a shoebox in the foyer (the plastic boxes are $2 each).
- Decide whether you will pack a box for a girl or a boy, and the age category: 2–4, 5–9, or 10–14.
- Select a medium to large “wow” item such as a deflatedsoccer ball with pump or stuffed animal, then fill with other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies.More gift ideas can be found here.
Please DO NOT include these items:
Candy; toothpaste; gum; used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; seeds; fruit rolls or other fruit snacks; drink mixes (powdered or liquid); liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
- Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift. You can also include a personal note and photo.
- Donate $9 in cash or check payable to “Samaritan’s Purse” to help defray shipping costs.
- Return your filled box to Eastwood Tulsa by November 4th.
Thank you for providing a Christmas gift for children in need. For many of these children, this is the first gift they’ve ever received in their lives. This is a great opportunity to share God’s love with kids all around the world and to make a positive impact in their lives. Anybody can participate whether you’re a little kid, college student, parent, grandparent or great-grandparent.
National Collection Week Drop Off Site
Eastwood Tulsa has partnered with Samaritan’s Purse to be one of 5,000 drop off locations for National Collection Week.
Eastwood Tulsa Drop Off Site Dates and Times
November 12 – 19, 2018
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Monday 10:00 am – noon
Sunday 12 – 2 pm
If you would like to volunteer for the drop off, please contact Jeremy Rhodes.