Episode #31: God Conversations
We have the best news–why keep it to ourselves? Jeremy and Gordon talk about making “God conversations” normal again!
Talking Points Include:
- The changing culture in American Churches.
- Sharing our Faith includes intentional Gospel conversations.
- People have stopped inviting people to church.
- We don’t share with what God is doing in our lives with others because we have not drawn close to God so that He can work in us and through us in order to have something to share with those who don’t know God.
- The busyness of our culture
- Make investing and inviting part of our everyday lives
- 3 Circles App
- Influences in culture: Music, entertainment, politics, language, sports, etc.
- Setting limits: screen time, travel, distraction – ADD disorder in our culture 😉
- The Great missionary Paul said, “And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem” (Acts 20:22). We need to have an inner love for people and a love for the Lord that compels us to share the message of Christ.
- What is a catalyst for culture change inside the church? We need to get back to a lifestyle of evangelism. Jeremy shared in his recent blog post, we don’t get Spiritual Alzheimer’s – you don’t remember to invest and invite – this should be your focus. In everything you do, Jesus should be coming out. What we are passionate about, we talk about.
- Barna Study– “47% of Millennials somewhat agree that it’s wrong to share one’s personal beliefs with someone of a different faith in hopes that they will one day share the same faith.”
Experience Eastwood Tulsa. Anytime. Anywhere.
For Android & iOS
Download the free app >> https://eastwoodtulsa.org/app/
Events and Volunteer Opportunities
For more information about events at Eastwood Tulsa and how to volunteer please visit https://eastwoodtulsa.org/events-volunteer.
Bible Study @ 9:15am
Worship @ 10:45am
The Refuge – gym open at 4:30 pm
XA Students – @ 6:30pm
eKids – @ 6:30pm
Adult Bible Study – @ 6:30pm
If you have a question or a topic you’d like us to discuss, or if this podcast has been a help to you in some way, please write to us at [email protected], or in the comments section of this podcast. And finally, we invite you to join us live next Sunday at 10:45 am in Tulsa, or at 11 am online. Once again, thanks for joining us for the Eastwood Tulsa Podcast.
Download or Stream our weekly Podcast!
Podbean – http://bit.ly/PodbeanEastwoodTulsaShow
iTunes Podcast – http://bit.ly/EastwoodTulsaPodcast
Google Play Music – http://bit.ly/GooglePlayEastwoodTulsaShow
Connect with Eastwood Tulsa!